300bhp+ cars. Show them off learn more
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

300bhp+ cars. Show them off learn more

a place for anyone to show their ride, ask questions or simply break away

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

newbee hello

Go down 
+2
fq-craigus
jay
6 posters
AuthorMessage
jay

newbee hello Empty
PostSubject: newbee hello   newbee hello Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 5:39 pm

hi im jay 24 from luton. I have a 1.3 fiesta as a daily drive, and a sierra sapphire as a toy. B4 that i had a mk2 fiesta xr2 running rwd and a 2.5 v6 24v duratec engine

Back to top Go down
fq-craigus
Admin
fq-craigus

newbee hello Empty
PostSubject: Re: newbee hello   newbee hello Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 6:02 pm

Welcome along mate glad you could make it. Get some pics of ya saf up I not even seen it yet lol
Back to top Go down
https://300bhpplus.forumotion.co.uk
GMballistic

GMballistic

newbee hello Empty
PostSubject: Re: newbee hello   newbee hello Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 5:59 am

jay wrote:
hi im jay 24 from luton. I have a 1.3 fiesta as a daily drive, and a sierra sapphire as a toy. B4 that i had a mk2 fiesta xr2 running rwd and a 2.5 v6 24v duratec engine

Hi Jay,
I'm Gareth, 31 and living in Cardiff. I bet that Fiesta xr2 with the V6 went well Cool
I had a Ford Mondeo ST24 for a few years which I used to take on track at Castle Combe and modify at home. Great engine, really loved the V6 burble Smile
Driving a 2003 Honda Civic Type R 30th Anniversary Edition at the moment which is pretty good but nothing compared to my old 96 JDM WRX which unfortunately died in November Sad God rest her Sh*t unreliable £7k engine Rolling Eyes (Through a con-rod through the block & destroed the engine for the second time in two years!! First time the big end went).
Anyway Welcome fella cheers
Back to top Go down
fq-craigus
Admin
fq-craigus

newbee hello Empty
PostSubject: Re: newbee hello   newbee hello Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 9:08 am

GMballistic wrote:
jay wrote:

Hi Jay,
I'm Gareth, 31 and living in Cardiff. I bet that Fiesta xr2 with the V6 went well Cool
I had a Ford Mondeo ST24 for a few years which I used to take on track at Castle Combe and modify at home. Great engine, really loved the V6 burble Smile
Driving a 2003 Honda Civic Type R 30th Anniversary Edition at the moment which is pretty good but nothing compared to my old 96 JDM WRX which unfortunately died in November Sad God rest her Sh*t unreliable £7k engine Rolling Eyes (Through a con-rod through the block & destroed the engine for the second time in two years!! First time the big end went).
Anyway Welcome fella cheers

ouch!!!!

theres a scooby in my dads yard thats done the same thing on a forged engine too
Back to top Go down
GMballistic

GMballistic

newbee hello Empty
PostSubject: Re: newbee hello   newbee hello Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 6:20 am

fq-craigus wrote:
ouch!!!!

theres a scooby in my dads yard thats done the same thing on a forged engine too

Yeah I was really bummed out about it. I'd put so much money into the car as a whole too but when the engine went again I'd had enough of that particular Subaru so it had to go. Sad
Was built by a good engine builder and I looked after it better than most owners I knew with oil changes every 2500-3000miles, Mobil1 motorsport 15W50 oil used with genuine filters etc etc but that engine still went wrong.

My friends going through a similar issue with his engine build at the moment in his my99 JDM Impreza WRX STI Type RA V-Limited. Luckily the builder has excepted some responsability as when his engine was built with Cosworth pistons, rods & pins they DID NOT use Cosworth cir-clips on the pins & that was found to out to be the leading main cause of his engine failure ~ He ended up melting a piston in the end.

Hopefully things will get better for him when he gets the engine back this time. Anyway Newbie thread hijack over Laughing Very Happy
Back to top Go down
BLU

BLU

newbee hello Empty
PostSubject: Re: newbee hello   newbee hello Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 7:07 am

Hello, I'm new too Laughing

I served my 'performance car time' driving XR2s.... I had a 1.8 sierra based CVH MK1 and RS tub powered MK2 (amongst many others)
Back to top Go down
fq-craigus
Admin
fq-craigus

newbee hello Empty
PostSubject: Re: newbee hello   newbee hello Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 8:35 am

any pics of past motors buddy
Back to top Go down
jay

newbee hello Empty
PostSubject: Re: newbee hello   newbee hello Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 8:16 am

thanks for the welcome boys! and i never finished the V6xr2 (i blame the baby and lazy mrs lol). and yeah the V6 duratecs are quality engines when modded right mine had:

R1 40mm throttle bodies,
stage one heads,
secondairy butterflies removed (24v all the time not just at high revs),
EGR system removed,
decat,
3" stainless exhaust,
tubular headers,
pas, air con and abs pumps removed,
removed top tensioner,
ally bottom pulley,
lightweight flywheel,
bored out st200 lower inlet manifold,
st200 injectors,
10mm leads,
baffled sump

not huge power only about 240-250bhp but in a stripped mk2 with enough torque to spin the world backwards it would have been a laugh :-)

and not sure what to do with the saffy atm, coosworth YB's are piss poor for the costs. thinking about strapping twin T34's onto a 2.9 24V cosworth lump, or getting a RB26 DETT skyline lump. or just save the pennies and get a westfield megabussa!
Back to top Go down
GMballistic

GMballistic

newbee hello Empty
PostSubject: Re: newbee hello   newbee hello Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 9:25 am

Nice spec on that V6 then Cool
Back to top Go down
jay

newbee hello Empty
PostSubject: Re: newbee hello   newbee hello Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 7:01 am

thats only a baby build for me lol. will get some pics up soon when i get photo bucket sorted out
Back to top Go down
Rapid.STI

Rapid.STI

newbee hello Empty
PostSubject: Re: newbee hello   newbee hello Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 7:54 pm

Welcome along buddy!!
Back to top Go down
http://http//www.all4subaru.webs.com/
Danny

Danny

newbee hello Empty
PostSubject: Re: newbee hello   newbee hello Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 7:31 pm

Welcome aboard.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

newbee hello Empty
PostSubject: Re: newbee hello   newbee hello Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

newbee hello
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
300bhp+ cars. Show them off learn more  :: general :: newbie-
Jump to: