300bhp+ cars. Show them off learn more
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

300bhp+ cars. Show them off learn more

a place for anyone to show their ride, ask questions or simply break away

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

what suspension is this?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
TINO.wrx

TINO.wrx

what suspension is this? Empty
PostSubject: what suspension is this?   what suspension is this? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 6:30 am

evening,

do any of you know what make of suspension this is:
what suspension is this? P7250045
oh and BTW the writing on the topmount is the right way around and not a faulty picture!!

thanks
steve
Back to top Go down
GMballistic

GMballistic

PostSubject: Re: what suspension is this?   what suspension is this? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 1:45 am

Hi Steve,
They are made by WAT suspension. I think they're popular in the US but the coilovers are made in Taiwan I heard, ...and the link comfirms this. Very Happy

http://www.watop.com.tw/

Hope that helps

thumb up
Back to top Go down
TINO.wrx

TINO.wrx

PostSubject: Re: what suspension is this?   what suspension is this? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 4:07 am

hi

thanks for the info. i tried google and all i got back was "" wat suspension for my....."" etc ive never heard of them before so hopefully will be have decent or my wheels will fall off!!lol

is the counter sunk holes for the camber? what are the top mount adjustment for?

thanks
steve
Back to top Go down
GMballistic

GMballistic

PostSubject: Re: what suspension is this?   what suspension is this? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 8:47 am

TINO.wrx wrote:
hi

thanks for the info. i tried google and all i got back was "" wat suspension for my....."" etc ive never heard of them before so hopefully will be have decent or my wheels will fall off!!lol

is the counter sunk holes for the camber? what are the top mount adjustment for?

thanks
steve

I think it's the other bolts that are for camber adjustment (cap head bolts with degree markings next to them). I might be wrong though.
It is important to get suspension set up correct so if I was you I'd take it somewhere good to get it set up properly. You know laser alignment etc etc. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TINO.wrx

TINO.wrx

PostSubject: Re: what suspension is this?   what suspension is this? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 5:00 pm

i was going to save on labour and it myself but will then take it to get adjusted, along the lines of fast road. im not going for the low look but it will be a bit lower as the front of the WRX is stupidly high!!

I'll get a better picture so you can see the directions compared to where the hub bolts go.

steve
Back to top Go down
GMballistic

GMballistic

PostSubject: Re: what suspension is this?   what suspension is this? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 12:32 am

TINO.wrx wrote:
i was going to save on labour and it myself but will then take it to get adjusted, along the lines of fast road. im not going for the low look but it will be a bit lower as the front of the WRX is stupidly high!!

I'll get a better picture so you can see the directions compared to where the hub bolts go.

steve

Labour is rediculously high in some garages Crying or Very sad
My friend has Tein coilovers that he fitted himself on his my99 WRX STi type RA V-Limited so I might ask him when I see him & get the chance.
Hopefully some other members on here might chip in too to help Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TINO.wrx

TINO.wrx

PostSubject: Re: what suspension is this?   what suspension is this? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 3:25 am

cheers

This is the nearside front (i think!!):
what suspension is this? P7270046

what suspension is this? P7270047
Back to top Go down
fq-craigus
Admin
fq-craigus

PostSubject: Re: what suspension is this?   what suspension is this? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 5:33 pm

Never heard of em how much did they set u back pal
Back to top Go down
https://300bhpplus.forumotion.co.uk
GMballistic

GMballistic

PostSubject: Re: what suspension is this?   what suspension is this? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 2:43 am

TINO.wrx wrote:
cheers

This is the nearside front (i think!!):
what suspension is this? P7270046

When I looked at my mates and asked him he said I was right that the cap head bolts with the increments marked next to them are for camber adjustment and he believed the other ones maybe for castor adjustment.
They do look very cool btw, ...liking the colour scheme Cool Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TINO.wrx

TINO.wrx

PostSubject: Re: what suspension is this?   what suspension is this? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 5:20 am

haha the tartan and green shocks!!lol

well ive tried! i started on the nearside front and great less than an hour. the strut can out nice and easy well apart from the initial loosening of the 19mm bolts.

then i tried the drivers side front and what a ba$tard! for some reason there seems to be some tension in the strut, i teird spring compression clamps and they didnt seem to work. so i will be trying over the weekend. as for the rears, i though the nuts would be able to undo via a ratchet but NO it will need a 19mm spanner which i didnt have with me.

steve
Back to top Go down
GMballistic

GMballistic

PostSubject: Re: what suspension is this?   what suspension is this? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 4:38 am

If you haven't already I'd put some penetrating oil on the rear shock bolts to try and help with removing the bolts when you come to them. I usually always use a spanner or breaker bar first when removing bolts & then use a ratchet when there loosened off a little.
Hope it's going well for you over the weekend Steve

thumb up
Back to top Go down
TINO.wrx

TINO.wrx

PostSubject: Re: what suspension is this?   what suspension is this? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 1:35 am

Thanks ;-)

well im now all done and apart from (as you suggested the rear shock bolts) which is a pain as you have to have a 19mm spanner on the nut due to the driveshaft being in the way. but i got them off and for some gay reason the offside is more of "a pain in the ar$e" than the nearside!! ??

once i managed the n/s/f-r and the o/s/r i tackle the ar$e of the o/s/f which was easy to undo the bolts but one thing i didnt read anywhere is what i thought was a fcuked shock that just wanted to spring open was in fact a front assembly wanting to go upwards Sad so i tried getting iff off from a distance with some wood only to cut the gaitor(from the strut not wood) Sad Sad so now i will have to sort out the gaitor.

but heres a couple of pictures. im not sure if to keep the camber or not. i will be raising the car slightly as i will eventually use it for track rather than looking nice at McD's lol lol!

comparison old:
what suspension is this? SDC10554

new:
what suspension is this? P7310073

camber:
what suspension is this? P7310074

steve
Back to top Go down
GMballistic

GMballistic

PostSubject: Re: what suspension is this?   what suspension is this? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 6:22 am

Looks much better Steve. Cool
I'd definately get it some where asap to have it all laser aligned and set up correctly before you start scrubbing tyres awkwardly.
Well done for doing it yourself though. So many people chicken out when it comes to attempting slightly more daunting mods like this. cheers
Back to top Go down
Danny

Danny

PostSubject: Re: what suspension is this?   what suspension is this? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 6:29 pm

What a difference that looks a lot better now. Smile
Back to top Go down
xs

xs

PostSubject: Re: what suspension is this?   what suspension is this? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 9:21 am

I had a set of coilovers fitted to my Evo, just beware, they will 'settle' after 100 miles of driving & you'll probably end up having to 'lift' the ride-heigh a little.

Don't get the alignment done until they've had time to settle thumb up

Good job doing them yourself. I didn't have the time (& couldn't be bothered lol) so paid to have mine fitted & aligned
Back to top Go down
TINO.wrx

TINO.wrx

PostSubject: Re: what suspension is this?   what suspension is this? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 6:22 pm

thanks guys cheers

these have been raised from the lowered picture but not as high as the originals! possibly abotut the same height as danny's. i knew the ride would be firm just forgot how firm! my mate had some on his old MK1 golf and that made my skin jiggle! just need someone like jordan with big boobs in the front, BUT nicer lookning than that mouthy cow!!!!lol.

re xs, these were second hand, so hopefully they would have settled before i got them but i will keep an eye on the ride height.
Back to top Go down
xs

xs

PostSubject: Re: what suspension is this?   what suspension is this? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 4:25 am

No problem mate, just a friendly warning before you shelled out to get geo done, you'd only end up paying twice.

Even if they're second hand, they've been disturbed & the weight taken off them so may still 'settle' once fitted to yours Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what suspension is this?   what suspension is this? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

what suspension is this?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
300bhp+ cars. Show them off learn more  :: general :: general chat-
Jump to: