300bhp+ cars. Show them off learn more
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

300bhp+ cars. Show them off learn more

a place for anyone to show their ride, ask questions or simply break away

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My Car Photography

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
VXR-Lukey

VXR-Lukey

My Car Photography Empty
PostSubject: My Car Photography   My Car Photography Icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 10:07 am

Heyy guys... Just curious, if i could get some feedback on my photo's that iv'e got of my Mates car... I'm wondering if i should take it up and get a portfolio going ? scratch ... Here's the Photobucket Link... https://s1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb357/Luke-Whetton/Car-photography/
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/luke.whetton
GMballistic

GMballistic

My Car Photography Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Car Photography   My Car Photography Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 3:28 am

Only just noticed this post.
I'm no expert but I do enjoy photography and have been taking pictures of cars for years.

Some of the angles are interesting but some are just too much I think. I did like the low down shots with the car in the distance but the car needed to be more in focus I believe.

What camera are you using? Digital or 35mm?
I use a Minolta Dynax 5 SLR 35mm camera for my photos. I have stuck with this because I'm more of a traditional photographer and still prefer using the 35mm rolls although I do have a Sony digital camera for some shooting.

Have you tryed experimenting using a long exposure? or anything similar?
You know those photo's of cars at night when you can see the trails of all the lights? ~ This is really easy to do and give's some fantastic shots.
It's best to mount your camera on a tripod when doing time exposure shots and also to choose your location carefully so that you do atleast have some cars moving around otherwise it will just be static lights.

Definately start a portfolio though as it's a good way of observing your photography improvements and for experimenting thumb up
Back to top Go down
VXR-Lukey

VXR-Lukey

My Car Photography Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Car Photography   My Car Photography Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 7:34 am

Heyy dude, thanks for the help and feedback man Smile...
Err, it was just a 12 megapixle digital thingy that i was just playing about with, i was going to Photoshop a few and see what i could so with them but just was cruious if i should carry on and get better and better first... My grandad has some good camera's and is a pro-photographer so maybe i can ask him to teach me the ways of taking pictures like a pro rabbit... I might muck about with a few on Photoshop and see if they look any better, if i do i will defo be putting them up and seeing what you think of them mate. I do like the low-down shots aswell to be fair, gives the car that... Stance i guess would be the appropiate word to put it. Thanks again for the reply mate. thumb up
Back to top Go down
GMballistic

GMballistic

My Car Photography Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Car Photography   My Car Photography Icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 4:03 am

No probs.
There are tricks you can use easily enough to get good or interesting shots. You could try back lighting your car using simple house lamps. Aslong as the lamps are hidden from view it can look quite cool with the white light under the car. I once took some photos of my old Subaru with all the doors, bonnet and boot opened which came out quite good and made for a different picture of a car that I had already photographed at pretty much every angle & style Laughing
Keep experimenting is my recommendation Wink and definately show us if you can, always interesting cheers
Back to top Go down
fq-craigus
Admin
fq-craigus

My Car Photography Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Car Photography   My Car Photography Icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 6:37 pm

Well lukey attenborough I hope my cars gonna get the same treatment as burties when its back on the road lol
Back to top Go down
https://300bhpplus.forumotion.co.uk
VXR-Lukey

VXR-Lukey

My Car Photography Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Car Photography   My Car Photography Icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 7:08 pm

Hahaa Razz, Fo'sho Craigus ! I'm gunna be praticing all the different angles and gunna start editing them on Photohop aswell to make em' that lil' more hotter Wink.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My Car Photography Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Car Photography   My Car Photography Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Car Photography
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
300bhp+ cars. Show them off learn more  :: general :: general chat-
Jump to: